A big thank you to Bel over at Life @ No. 2 for my nomination for a Liebster Award. ‘What is a Liebster Award?’ I hear you ask. Well it’s simple. It’s an award for the little guys in the blogging pool. Those that have under 200 followers on their blog or likers on their Facebook page. It’s a way to reward and support those who are starting out. It has a quirky connection to the number 11 whereby you have to answer 11 questions from your nomination, tell 11 facts about yourself, select 11 blogs to nominate, and ask those bloggers 11 questions. Still a little hazy on the details, or I’ve nominated you below and you want to know what you have to do, go to this blog by Runnin Off At The Mouth for a more detailed overview.
My questions from the talented Bel:
1. What is on your bedside table? A picture says a thousand words.
2. What are you reading at the moment? The memory keepers daughter by Kim Edwards, Save Our Sleep by Tizzie Hall (the stuff on introducing solids) and next in line The Complete Works of Jane Austen. That is of course when I have time to read which is, uh, never.
3. What is your first childhood memory? I’m not exactly sure how old I am but considering its at our first house I would be 3 or under. I am standing in the corner of the fence, leaning over and dangling my mum’s life sized pink panther over the fence, snatching it away when the dog behind us tries to grab it. Not sure how it ended but remember pink panther being around for many more years so can’t have been too bad.
4. Where is your favourite place to escape to?. The country. Doesn’t matter where. I just need tress, green grass, meadows, horses, cows, fresh air, rolling hills. Peace. We will one day get our country property and I know that’s when I will truly feel home.
5. Chocolate pudding or sticky date?. Chocolate, no contest. It’s not desert unless chocolate is involved!!
6. If you had to chose your favourite meal, what would it be and who would cook it?. Oh so hard, so very very hard. Um my hubby’s lasagne, cooked by him of course. It’s delicious and it also means I didn’t have to cook. Although pretty much anything I don’t have to cook tastes amazing lol
7. It’s Friday night what are you doing?. Waiting for the kids to all be asleep so I can go to bed too. So sad I know.
8. Did you attend University? Yep. Went to Melbourne Uni and got my Bachelor of Education (Primary). Also currently on intermission but studying a postgraduate degree at Monash Uni in Psychology. One subject to go and I have another qualification.
9. Do you believe in woo woo? (Spirits, Crystals, Tarot, etc). Very much so. I have had many things predicted accurately by two different psychics (both work at the same place in Bacchus Marsh funnily enough). Things like my Dad’s stroke, having twins (including the female being eldest even though doctors continually said Declan would be born first due to his position), and my Poppy’s health problems.
10. What is your staple piece of clothing? PJ’s bahahaha. Um in all seriousness a pair of dark jeans or a plain long sleeved top. Can wear anything with them, dress them up or down with accessories.
11. Do you believe in karma?YES. I try to treat others the way I would want to be treated and instead of trying to get ‘revenge’ on someone believe karma will come back to nite them on the ass one day. I also try to help anyone and everyone I can.
11 Random Facts About Myself:
1. I have a very varied taste in music. I don’t like just one style and you can find on my play list on any given day rap, rock, pop, classical, instrumental and r’n’b. And that’s just today.
2. If I could be any character from a book it would definitely be Elizabeth Bennett from Pride and Prejudice. I really admire her strength, spirit and courage. Plus I am in love with Mr Darcy!
3. I feel awkward in most social circumstances and constantly worry what other people think about me.
4. I have a lot of acquaintances but only a few real friends. These people I would do anything for because I know they feel the same about me. These are the people who know the real me and accept me.
5. I know I am annoying. I talk too much and can be loud. These are actually bad traits formed to cover up the fact of how nervous and uncertain I feel around people.
6. I love reading and would rather do this than watch TV or anything else. I can tune out pretty much anything when I read and become one with the story.
7. I once met Robert Jordan (my favourite author) and it was one of the most amazing experiences ever.
8. I am not a big fan of fruit. I eat apples, pears, watermelon, bananas, and cantaloupe. That’s about it.
9. I HATE cooking. With a passion. My version of cooking involves a lot of packets and jars. Quick and easy. Any recipe that has more than 5 steps or even sounds complicated I don’t even try. I will wash 1000 dishes to get out of cooking.
10. I am a perfectionist. People who know what my home and work spaces look like don’t believe this but it’s true. I am so focused on having things perfect there are times I don’t even start. (E.g. Clothes are hung by type – shirts, sub-type – sleeve length, then colour). It’s exhausting and I am trying hard to over come this. My mantra ‘It doesn’t have to be perfect it just has to be done’.
11. I knew my hubby over 5 years before we started dating and he dated a couple of my friends beforehand (years before we got together though). AND the first night we finally got together we were at The Peel in Richmond for a friends birthday.
The blogs I am nominating for this award (some of whom I know have been nominated previously but trying to get as close to my 11 as possible):
Saradipity -Sarah is new to the blogging world, has a little boy and many stories to tell. She is also the sister of one of my closest friends.
Wild Child On Board – Kathryn and I met years ago when I was working with her best friend at KMart. She is also my very talented hairdresser (ie first person other than my sister to do my hair and have me love it). She has a beautiful daughter and a little boy on the way.
No Frills Mum – Dre and I used to teach together and she has written blogs for very reasons. This is the blog where she shares her motherhood journey and life.
Positivelysarcastic – The title of this blog had me intrigued from the start. I am a very sarcastic person, I think it’s a great medium for humour. She is also a mum of twins, although older than mine, and has twin skin that she likes to call Tonya.
Renovation: Rosedale – After watching Renovation Rescue and The Block my love of renovating resurfaced (it disappeared while doing it myself lol) and so I trawled bloglovin’ for some blogs to inspire me for one day down the track. Ellie and her husband have just bought a house in Austin, Texas. I loved her design inspiration, it’s exactly what I would do if I was fully renovating a house.
Bear Creek Honey – Elizabeth is also a mummy to boy / girl twins and they are only 7 months old. I love read her blog to get an idea of what’s coming up next for me. She is also a big one for musings and talking about life.
Michimama – A new blogger and mum to a young child. She has a great philosophy on life and shares some great parenting related links.
Ladies your 11 questions are:
1. Where is your ultimate holiday destination?
2. If you could have one wish come true what would it be?
3. What are you scared of?
4. Toilet paper roll – over or under?
5. Where did you meet your partner and how old were you when you first started dating?
6. What is your favourite kids show?
7. Who is your hero and why?
8. If you could meet anyone, living or dead, who would it be?
9. Look left, what do you see?
10. Do you have a five or ten year plan?
11. Who is your celebrity crush?